Friday, January 16, 2015

I miss you, Ate Karen.


Ate Karen, I miss you...

...when I wake up in the morning and you're not there in your room, watching Korean shows on your laptop.
...when I go to sleep and I think about how there's no one there in the next room.
...when I eat or cook something delicious.
...when I see your photos. You seem so alive in them.
...everytime I pass by your room and see it's always empty.
...when your favorite shows have new seasons, and you excitedly update me even if sometimes I'm not interested. (I wish I had shown more interest)
...when I go to use the bathroom and I think of the times I unintentionally scared you because you didn't know I was in there.
(I don't turn the lights on sometimes, that's why. :D)
...during special occasions.
...when it's dark and rainy.
...when it's bright and sunny.
...when I hear of people amazingly recovering from cancer. I wish you were one of them.
...when I wake up in the middle of the night and the truth of your absence hits me.
...when I see other hearing-impaired people.
...when I pray.
...whenever I borrow your jacket. It makes me think you're hugging me.
...when I open your closet and see all your things inside.
...everytime I think of the moments when I could've spent more time with you.
...when I remember what we went through together during your last two months with us.
...when I hug your clothes.
...even when there's nothing in particular that reminds me of you.


I don't need a reason to miss you. I just always do.



No comments:

Post a Comment